• B I O L O G Y
  • C O O K I N G
DISLIKE
  • C H I L D R E N
  • I C E - T Y P E S
  • U N T I D I N E S S
  • A R R O G A N C E
APPEARANCE
Rick is an individual whom is quickly approaching his middle-aged years, and bolsters a look that could be considered both 'mature' and 'youthful' in equal measure. He is, surprisingly, immaculate - his appearance specifically tailored to suit his personal tastes. And while at first glance the male may appear to be a street ruffian with the oddest sense of fashion, each minor detail is purposeful and carefully chosen for himself. The man is solidly built, maintaining his body through the use of nutrient-rich meals and a schedule that ensures he remain fit. His skin is often kissed by the rays of the sun due to his line of work, the columns of flesh covered in all manner of scar. Burns, scratches, bites and the occasional slash has marred his flesh due to his past handling of Pokemon. His mane is kept short and styled in a messy fashion, the coloration of it a mixture of black and white strands that rarely integrate themselves.
HISTORY
As a child, Rick never once aspired to involve himself in the popular trade of 'Pokemon Handling'. He was far too invested in socializing and navigating the life of a child whom was mostly ignored by their single mother. The youth was a 'rough and tumble' sort, finding pleasure in the act of conflict whilst asserting dominance over his peers. He was a natural-born recalcitrant and proved difficult to handle, the boy simply refusing to be reigned in by his elders. Rick was ridiculously reckless at such a stage and his attitude could be considered less-than-steller. He bloodied his fists all too often and his mouth had the tendency to produce all manner of obscenities and verbal abuses.

This would continue well into his adolescence as he wandered aimlessly and without purpose. His mother invested very little care and effort toward the boy - far too absorbed with herself - so he would naturally take advantage of such freedoms. He exposed himself to the underbelly of the world at an impressionable age, dabbling in narcotics and activities that could be deemed criminal and nefarious. A single mistake managed to veer him away from this particular path in the form of a child. It was an error which resulted in him becoming a father at the tender age of sixteen. The mother refused to be rid of it despite his pleading, and he soon found himself irreversibly burdened.

He was forced to rethink his lifestyle, having managed to successfully develop a bond with the child once they were introduced to the world. But he had very little idea of what to do or how he would start. He would have to acquire a legitimate job - complete his education - and segregate himself from his former 'associates'. Thankfully, he found a mentor in the form of his uncle, the man strict but willing to come to his nephew's aid if he proved willing enough to change. Rick loathed the man and his pristine and uptight exterior, but he would grit his teeth and accept his advice. He had little choice but to - seeing as his options were limited.

School proved to be a difficult and frustrating hurtle to overcome. He had given up on it and dropped out at a despairingly young age, and would struggle to pick up where he left off. The man's writing was abysmal, and his grasp on mathematics and history even more so. Rick was forced to study often and relied upon a multitude of tutors as a result of his inability to initially grasp the subjects as a whole. Eventually, he would grow competent and capable, and proved himself to be an excellent student as he developed an interest in science and the biology of both Pokemon and the human species.

After being gently nudged down a path that would lead him to become a research assistant, he managed to acquire a decent amount of income to properly care for both himself and his child. As the days transitioned into months he would transform into an individual who managed to successfully balance fatherhood with work. He would even obtain full custody of his child after their mother became disinterested with the stressful task of managing a toddler. Rick accepted the responsibility without complaint, thankful that he would no longer have to frequently navigate awkward conversation with the unpleasant woman.

Years would come and go, and as his child grew and expressed an interest in Pokemon he came to realize that he had failed to take on a companion for himself. It was likely that his offspring would start their own journey soon enough, so why shouldn't he take on a similar task? He had, after all, become a proper Pokemon Researcher, and now possessed the opportunity to become truly independent and conduct his own research. The idea caused him to make preparations - it was only when his kid had left the nest that he went about gathering his own supplies, acquiring a Pokemon, and taking the first few steps beyond the confines of his home.
OUT OF CHARACTER
alias:
LILSIS

contact info:
pm, pls

last character:
N/A

face claim:
POKEMON, guzma
PM
^
 Posted on: Feb 12 2018, 09:59 AM
ZA WARUDO
years
played by
ACCEPTED!
Make sure to link this account into your OOC accounts's signature and to put your Plotter, Application, and PC into your character's Profile! If you're using a Face Claim, remember to post in the Face Claim thread so we can keep track!

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

If you don't see the cbox, clear your cookies
No advertising of any kind
No Pity Partying
Stay away from sensitive topics, if someone asks for a topic change please oblige.
The discord is a better way of getting to know the site, but we still have a normal box if you do not wish to join Discord.
If the click to join button doesn't work, then please try this link!
Don't forget to post in the ACTIVITY CHECK!
The die code for rolling is [roll]1d100[/roll]!
TO BITTER ENDINGS
Pokemon: Terrene THE STELLARA REGION SSB:Li Bleach Platinum Hearts Kaleidoscope
OTOS
RWBY-AU a post volume 3 Alternate Universe RWBY RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
NUMORA WAS CREATED BY ACEDIA. 2D SPRITES ARE PROPERTY OF THE SMOGON SPRITE PROJECT, WHILE ALL 3D SPRITES BELONG TO PKPARADISO. ALL OTHER INFORMATION WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CHARACTER PLOTS, CHARACTER APPLICATIONS AND MORE BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS. IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE ARTISTS. ALL CODES AND SCRIPTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CODERS. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT THE OWNERS' PERMISSION. POKEMON BELONGS TO SATOSHI TAJIRI, GAMEFREAK, AND NINTENDO!