Add Reply
New Poll

Communication, Appearances, and Alolan Forms, What do they look and sound like?
 Posted on: Mar 6 2017, 03:37 AM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Communication
If I speak, will you hear?
CAN MY POKEMON TALK TO ME? How do I put this? Well, normally, you can't. Pokémon have their own special language that they can use to communicate with each other and makes absolutely no sense to humans. No matter how hard you work at it, the slang and grammar changes with every Pokémon, so you'd have to study it for years just to understand the basic gist of what a single particular Pokémon is saying. To put it into perspective, there are degrees for researchers dedicated to learning a specific Pokémon's language and even then it's still only barely.

WHAT ABOUT TELEPATHY? Only a few are regularly telepathic Pokémon such as Lucario, legendary Pokémon, and Zoroark. Zorua and Riolu are NOT capable of telepathy. I would also like to take this time to emphasize that Zorua and Zoroark do NOT actually transform into their illusions, they are just illusions. Pokémon with the Telepathy ability are also capable of psychic communication, regardless of typing. The only Pokemon to take advantage of this is Noivern and Noibat to save you some search time and research. If they lose the ability through either ability suppression or change of ability, then they lose the ability to communicate until they get it again.

GHOST TYPES? Ghost Pokémon cannot read minds, but they can speak with others, however, it's as if they talk normally. If a ghost speaks, it will be as if it is telepathically communicating, but it has no control in who hears it and acts as if it's a voice, meaning people can snoop on a ghost Pokémon's conversation without the ghost's knowledge.

PSYCHIC TYPES? Psychic types can read minds if they are close to the person or are allowed to. Psychic types can only talk directly to others with their mind and read the minds of those that they are close with/allow them to. To have a conversation between Pokémon or people telepathically, the psychic type would need to act as a middle man and take the time to read one mind and then transfer to the next. They cannot just link two minds together.

OTHERS Chatots can only speak a few broken words and cannot form fluent sentences. Think about how a parrot talks in the real world. Dittos cannot change into humans here, nor are they capable of Telepathy when they transform. Robotic Pokémon such as the Porygon line are capable of communication through objects and devices such as phones and x-transceivers

THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

If I do not post in seven days, please message me to remind me.
Tag me with @[NEFARIOUS] in each post else risk no response. Quoting a post does not work, it brings up a different code.
PM
^
 Posted on: Mar 6 2017, 03:42 AM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Appearances
Would you like me if I looked 'cool'?
SHINY POKEMON Shiny Pokémon are capable of appearing in the region, they have a 1/100 chance with each Pokémon spawned. 2/100 if you have a shiny charm. If you are in a thread and your mod rolls a 100 on the appearance of the Pokémon, or 1 if you have a shiny charm, then that Pokémon is a shiny!

SHINY QUIRKS There is a catch to shiny Pokémon though, as they're not exactly normal other than, well being a shiny Pokémon. Shiny Pokémon are defective Pokémon. Whether it's the inability to feel pain, inability to speak, extreme emotional mood swings, whatever. Some are more affected by it than others, but we're not asking you to make them vegetables. If you have obtained a shiny, be sure to notify a staff member so that they may add it to the list.

SPLICE VS VARIANT Pokémon Variations are allowed, but do not take from images that splice pokemon together completely. Over the top differences will not be allowed while smaller subtle changes are accepted. This basically means you can't have a rainbow eevee or a blue ponyta with rainbows for a mane. If you're having trouble determining whether it would be allowed, ask an admin!

THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

Tag me with @[NEFARIOUS] in each post else risk no response. Quoting a post does not work, it brings up a different code.
PM
^
 Posted on: Mar 6 2017, 03:47 AM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Alolan Pokemon
I will change my very being just to stay by your side
ALOLAN CAPSULE Alolan Variant pocket monsters don't just appear in the Alola Region, they must have the Alola Capsule used on them. While it is preferable to have it be OOC use on a pokemon that has yet to be introduced in character, it is possible to use it IC although it is highly immoral due to the amount of pain caused to the pokemon. You can purchase an Alola Capsule through the Shop.

MOVE TRANSFERRING What happens to the Egg Move of a Pokemon if you use an Alolan Capsule on it and the new form can't use the old Egg Move? Well, the move is converted to one of the Egg Moves that only the Alolan Form can use. The exact conversion chart is below. Tutored moves are not treated this way, so I recommend you do not teach your Pokemon any moves before using the Alolan Capsule unless they can also learn it as the Alolan Form.

THE CHANGES

Ratatta -> Alolan Rattata

Screech -> Swallow

Flame Wheel -> Stockpile

Bite -> Switcheroo

Last Resort -> Snatch

Sandshrew -> Alolan Sandshrew

Rapid Spin -> Curse

Mud Shot -> Icicle Spear

Rock Climb -> Icicle Crash

Rototiller -> Amnesia

Vulpix -> BetterAlolan Vulpix

Feint Attack -> Encore

Heat Wave -> Freeze-Dry

Flare Blitz-> Moonblast

Hex -> Agility

Captivate -> Charm

Diglett -> Alolan Diglett

Screech -> Metal Sound

Uproar -> Thrash

Mud Bomb -> Thrash

Astonish -> Metal Sound

Reversal -> Metal Sound

Meowth -> Alolan Meowth

Odor Sleuth -> Covet

Tail Whip -> Flatter

Iron Tail -> Parting Shot

Geodude -> Alolan Geodude

Mega Punch -> Counter

Hammer Arm -> Magnet Rise

Focus Punch -> Counter

Grimer -> Alolan Grimer

Haze -> Clear Smog

Lick -> Pursuit

Shadow Punch -> Assurance

Acid Spray -> Spite

Its also worth nothing that abilities are also converted in a similar manner. For example, if a regular Grimer has its first ability, Stench, then it will change to Alolan Grimer's first ability, Poison Touch, upon conversion.
THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

PM
^
 Posted on: Jan 30 2018, 10:37 PM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Shiny Pokemon and Their Defects
What issue does your shiny monster have?
On Numora, Shiny Pokemon are considered abnormal. As a result, the Shinies have some sort of defect to them, either minor or major. This is just a list of all the Shiny Pokemon on site, and what their defects are. If you need help coming up with one on your own, feel free to look and see if any here help you! This is not a required reading for signing up, this is just a list so we can keep track of everyone and give others an idea of what their defect should be like! Feel free to skip this while looking to sign up!

If we don't have a Shiny listed, please let us know so we can add them!

Spoiler
THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

If you don't see the cbox, clear your cookies
No advertising of any kind
No Pity Partying
Stay away from sensitive topics, if someone asks for a topic change please oblige.
The discord is a better way of getting to know the site, but we still have a normal box if you do not wish to join Discord.
If the click to join button doesn't work, then please try this link!
Don't forget to post in the ACTIVITY CHECK!
The die code for rolling is [roll]1d100[/roll]!
TO BITTER ENDINGS
Pokemon: Terrene THE STELLARA REGION SSB:Li
OTOS kalopsia - a pmd rp The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
RWBY-AU a post volume 3 Alternate Universe RWBY RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokefalls
NUMORA WAS CREATED BY KAMUI. 2D SPRITES ARE PROPERTY OF THE SMOGON SPRITE PROJECT, WHILE ALL 3D SPRITES BELONG TO PKPARADISO. ALL OTHER INFORMATION WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CHARACTER PLOTS, CHARACTER APPLICATIONS AND MORE BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS. IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE ARTISTS. ALL CODES AND SCRIPTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CODERS. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT THE OWNERS' PERMISSION. POKEMON BELONGS TO SATOSHI TAJIRI, GAMEFREAK, AND NINTENDO!