Closed
New Poll

Leveling Up and Evolution, Find out how to beef up!
 Posted on: Mar 6 2017, 04:41 AM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Level Up
I promise to be strong enough so you won't get hurt.
You don't have to calculate experience in order to level up; there are three ways to level your Pokémon, and all are equally viable. First, is battling, which is pitting your own Pokémon against someone else's or against wild Pokémon. This is the classic way. Second, you can rack up enough tokens to buy as much rare candy as you want and level them up that way. Also viable. Third, is using a training thread, which is a bit more complicated. I'll explain the first and third in turn.

LEVELING VIA BATTLE There are three types of battling. There's battling wild Pokémon, battling trained Pokémon, and battling professionally trained Pokémon. Wild Pokémon are found in the wild, trained Pokémon are owned by NPC trainers, and professionally trained Pokémon are used by other people's characters or gym leaders and the Elite Four. Each one gives a different amount of levels, with levels awarded at the conclusion of the battle.

Wild Battles

If you lose, you gain 1 level.

If you win but your opponent is 10 or more levels lower than you, you gain 0 levels.

If you win but your opponent is three or more levels lower than you, you gain 1 level.

If you win and your opponent is the same or less than three levels lower than you, you gain 2 levels.

If you win and your opponent is less than three levels higher than you, you gain 2 levels.

If you win and your opponent is at least three levels higher than you, you gain 3 levels.

If you use a pokéball that catches the pokémon before it faints you will only gain 1 level.

Trainer Battles

If you lose, you gain 1 levels.

If you win but your opponent is 10 or more levels lower than you, you gain 0 levels.

If you win but your opponent is three or more levels lower than you, you gain 2 levels.

If you win and your opponent is the same or less than three levels lower than you, you gain 3 levels.

If you win and your opponent is less than three levels higher than you, you gain 3 levels.

If you win and your opponent is at least three levels higher than you, you gain 4 levels.

Professional Trainer Battles

If you lose, you gain 1 levels.

If you win but your opponent is three or more levels lower than you, you gain 3 levels.

If you win and your opponent is the same or less than three levels lower than you, you gain 4 levels.

If you win and your opponent is less than three levels higher than you, you gain 4 levels.

If you win and your opponent is at least three levels higher than you, you gain 5 levels.

note; Lucky Eggs do not work on Professional Trainer Battles.

Double Battles

Double battle levels are determined by gathering the levels each Pokémon would get by defeating that Pokémon in a one on one and dividing it between the two. If you end up with a remainder, then the extra level will go to the Pokémon that made the knock-out. Professional Double Battles will also act as if the battle is a normal trainer battle in terms of level gain.

Battles Involving More Than Two Of The Trainer's Pokémon On The Field

Triple battles, Rotation Battles, and others of the sort are not supported by the leveling system due to the complexity of having three Pokémon out at once.
TRAINING THREADS You know what a one-shot is? Yes? Well, I'm telling you anyway. A one-shot is when you write a post without any intent to have anyone reply to it; usually it's meant for character building purposes, or maybe you just wanted to write something. Training threads are basically threads you make that consists entirely of one-shots. You can make a thread in the Training Board and write a post in it. The one-shot rule for at least 500 words DOES NOT APPLY in the training board! You will always gain 3 levels for this. Lucky Eggs do not work on these.

Of course, we can't make this absurdly easy for you, so there are two caveats.

1.) You can only make one training post per week. This resets on at midnight on Monday Pacific Time(PT). If you make a spar thread on Sunday night and then one on Monday morning, both still count, but then you can't do it again until next Monday.

2.) You can only train one Pokémon per post.
THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

If I do not post in seven days, please message me to remind me.
Tag me with @[NEFARIOUS] in each post else risk no response. Quoting a post does not work, it brings up a different code.
PM
^
 Posted on: Mar 6 2017, 06:13 AM
The Illusion Fox Pokémon
Admin
years
played by
Evolution
If I change, could I stay by your side?
Evolution, as you might know, is when a Pokémon changes their form to become stronger. Here in Numora, evolution cannot occur in the middle of battles for gyms and missions. They can evolve at any point in mod threads like Wild and Battle. In a user versus user battle, the Pokémon cannot evolve mid-fight unless the opposing user agrees. If you do not want a Pokémon to evolve, it does not need to do anything special like hold an everstone it just resists evolution.

VIA LEVEL Get your Pokémon to the level needed to evolve, and then evolve them. If they need to know a certain move or for it to be a certain time of day, fulfill those conditions in the thread it evolves in.

VIA STONES AND ITEMS Get a stone from Screeching Caves (Depths) or buy it from the Shop. Introduce said stone to the Pokémon that needs to evolve, and watch the magic. If they need an item, have the Pokémon hold the item and level them up. Simple!

TRADE EVOLUTION In Numora, you can "trade with yourself" using the trading machine in every town's Pokémon Center. Place two of your own Pokémon in the slots, and the two Balls will switch places. If one or more of the Pokémon needs to be traded to evolve, however, the energy from the machine will overwhelm the Pokémon with the necessary wavelengths needed to trigger its evolution. If you have a Karrablast and Shelmet that you'd like to evolve, just put them both in the machine. If you have a Karrablast or Shelmet with no partner, you can borrow one from the attending nurse.

HAPPINESS EVOLUTION To evolve a Pokemon via happiness, players are expected to participate in five threads, wherein the Pokemon interacts liberally and positively with its owner. Players are expected to maintain their own tally.

SPECIFIC EVOLUTIONS

Tyrogue -> Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop

What a Tyrogue evolves into is up to the player's discretion.
Wurmple → Silcoon/Cascoon
What a Wurmple evolves into is up to the player's discretion.
Nincada → Shedinja
You will always get a Shedinja along with a Ninjask when you evolve a Nincada.
Feebas → Milotic
Evolves by being traded while holding a Prism Scale.
Burmy → Wormadam
Depends on where the thread takes place. If you're out in the wilderness, Grass Cloak. If you're on the beach or in a cave, Sand Cloak. If you're inside, Trash Cloak.
Combee → Vespiquen
Only female Combee evolve into Vespiquen.
Mantyke → Mantine
Mantyke evolves when it gets a Remoraid to attach to its wing. The Pokémon Lab in Whitewater can sell you a Remoraid for a certain number of tokens if you have a Mantyke that needs to evolve.
Eevee → Leafeon/Glaceon
Leafeon evolves near the mossy side of the Shale Tree in the middle of Shale Woods. Glaceon evolves next to the ice pillar in the center of Icebridge.
Magneton / Nosepass / Charjabug → Magnezone / Probopass / Vikavolt
Nosepass, Magneton and Charjabug need to go to Crystal Caves and evolve there through the magnetic field present.
Karrablast/Shelmet → Escavalier/Accelgor
Either obtain one of each and trade with yourself or borrow the other necessary Pokémon from the Pokémon Center's attending nurse.
Pancham → Pangoro
Pancham evolve when surrounded by Dark-types for more than a day. The Breeding Center in Ardale will evolve your Pancham for you if you fill out a request.
Inkay → Malamar
Inkay without an everstone naturally tend to start moving upside-down upon and after reaching level 30. Allow them to do this for a minute or so, and they'll evolve.
Eevee → Sylveon
Sylveon is now a happiness evolution that takes place during sunrise and sunset.
Sliggoo → Goodra
Have it be raining in the thread. Rain caused by Rain Dance or Drizzle does count.
THANKS

--------------------
Zachary Rampaige
Zeriq Wolfman
Darren Faust

Kasper Foxwood
Shiloh Lockwood

If I do not post in seven days, please message me to remind me.
Tag me with @[NEFARIOUS] in each post else risk no response. Quoting a post does not work, it brings up a different code.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

If you don't see the cbox, clear your cookies
No advertising of any kind
No Pity Partying
Stay away from sensitive topics, if someone asks for a topic change please oblige.
The discord is a better way of getting to know the site, but we still have a normal box if you do not wish to join Discord.
If the click to join button doesn't work, then please try this link!
Don't forget to post in the ACTIVITY CHECK!
The die code for rolling is [roll]1d100[/roll]!
TO BITTER ENDINGS
Pokemon: Terrene THE STELLARA REGION SSB:Li Bleach Platinum Hearts Kaleidoscope
OTOS
RWBY-AU a post volume 3 Alternate Universe RWBY RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
NUMORA WAS CREATED BY ACEDIA. 2D SPRITES ARE PROPERTY OF THE SMOGON SPRITE PROJECT, WHILE ALL 3D SPRITES BELONG TO PKPARADISO. ALL OTHER INFORMATION WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CHARACTER PLOTS, CHARACTER APPLICATIONS AND MORE BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS. IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE ARTISTS. ALL CODES AND SCRIPTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CODERS. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT THE OWNERS' PERMISSION. POKEMON BELONGS TO SATOSHI TAJIRI, GAMEFREAK, AND NINTENDO!